Secondary Curriculum Update
During the 2013 – 2014 academic year, General Sherman Junior High, Thomas Ewing Junior High and Lancaster High School accomplished many goals vital to the Lancaster City Schools’ mission and vision. While continuously devoting our efforts to excellence in student achievement, we have also been working to update our curriculum and stay current on any new developments on the state and national level.
Our accomplishments for 2013 – 2014 include the following:
- Revise the English Language Arts Course of Study to reflect Common Core State Standards.
- Revise the Foreign Language Course of Study.
- Continue training in Response to Intervention.
- Prepare for full transition of Common Core and Ohio’s New Learning Standards in 2014-2015.
- Prepare for the Next Generation of Assessment: PARCC and End of Course Exams.
Our plans for the 2014-2015 school year include the following:
- Train junior high as well as high school teachers on Formative Instructional Practices (FIP)
- Implement the new literacy program, Common Core Literature and iLit at the junior high and high school.
- Prepare for and administer the Next Generation Assessments, both the PARCC and the Ohio's Next Generation Assessments.
- Continue training in Response to Intervention
- Prepare for the implementation of a STEM program at the high school through the FAST Forward and Growing SOIL grants.
Our accomplishments and goals reflect the commitment to excellence in the Lancaster City Schools. This is the place to be for student academic achievement.