Student safety is always the Lancaster City School's first priority in determining whether to close or delay school. If a school closure or delayed start is called, announcements will be made on local radio and TV stations between 5:30 and 6:30 a.m.
If a delayed start is called, the following will occur:
* Buses will run one or two hours later and follow their regular schedule at the end of the day.
* Classes will begin one or two hours later and school will end at the usual time at the end of the day.
* For a one hour delay, between 9:40 and 9:55 , students should carefully enter the building and make their way to the multi-purpose room where teachers will supervise quiet reading time. If it is a two hour delay, arrival time is between 10:40 and 10:55.
If a school closing is called, the following will occur:
* The announcement will be posted on LSN, Cable Channel 6 between 5:30 and 6:30 a.m.
* It will also be broadcasted on the following TV Channels:
WCMH Channel 4 - NBC
WXYS Channel 6 - ABC
WBNS Channel 10 - CBS
* It will also be announced on the following radio stations:
WSNY FM 94.7
WLVQ FM 96
WTVN AM 610
WBNS AM 1460
When a school closing is announced, students are not to arrive at Sanderson--the building will be closed. Staff members are not expected to report to work. Please be sure you have a plan in place for your children on days when school is unexpectedly closed.
Current weather conditions, weather predictions for the remainder of the day, road conditions, temperatures and the wind chill are all factors that influence the decision to delay or close school. Weather conditions vary greatly from one part of the city to the other. We will use our best judgment in making these decisions with the safety of our students and staff in mind.