In an effort to keep our Lancaster City Schools families updated about current positive COVID-19 cases within the Lancaster City School District, we are providing regular updates to this dashboard.
If your daughter or son needs to be quarantined due to being exposed to a positive student or staff member, you will be contacted as soon as possible via a phone call. If your daughter or son was in a classroom but not exposed to the positive student or staff member, you will receive an email or a mailed letter. Schoolwide notification letters are sent via the school email listserv.
Under the Fairfield Department of Health's current guidelines, any person who has been in close contact with a person who has contracted COVID for 15 minutes or more in the previous 48 hours is considered to have been exposed.
Quarantine is based on the following circumstances:
- Vaccinated individuals do not need to be quarantined, if they wear a mask for 14 days or with a negative PCR or antigen test collected 3-5 days after exposure.
- If the exposed student was wearing a mask during the period of exposure, no quarantine is necessary. Monitor symptoms for 14 days and wear a mask for 14 days.
- If both parties were not wearing a mask and they were within six (6) feet of each other, quarantining is required for up to 10 days. If a negative PCR or antigen test is obtained after 5 days following exposure, the quarantine may be reduced to 7 days.
The Fairfield Department of Health communicates regularly with parents of students who are quarantined. Remember that being quarantined does not indicate a student has been infected. It is a measure taken to prevent the spread of the virus in case the person becomes positive during the quarantine period.
Let’s keep our LCS community safe from exposure to COVID-19. It is important to remember that exposure can happen anytime and anyplace when people are in close contact with one another.
- Isolate anyone in your home as much as possible if they feel ill
- Perform a daily health check before sending your student to school
- LCS Strongly recommends wearing a mask if you are not vaccinated
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily
- Practice social distancing
- Always cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Wash your hands frequently