FAFSA Help Night
October 14, 6pm, LHS Media Center
- This is a work session designed to help you complete your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Completion of the FAFSA is usually the first step in obtaining financial aid (grants, scholarships, loans) for post-high school education.
- Parents/Guardians and students should both attend.
What will I need to fill out the FAFSA form? - What should I bring with me?
- An FSA ID (for both parent/guardian and student) https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm so you can electronically sign the FAFSA form.
- Your social security number - both parent/guardian and student
- Your federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned - for both parent/guardian and student. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA form using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
We look forward to seeing you!
LHS School Counselors